Solved Question

Progress bar on community profile

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Community Team,

May I know what does below indicator/progress bar represents under individual profiles?

icon

Solved by Danny Pancratz 1 February 2022, 18:56

View original

Closed for commenting:
If you have a follow-up or related question, please create a new question.
If you need to add an insight, flag the post and request it be reopened.

3 Replies

Good question, @Manish Gupta

As I understand it, it reflects the number of upvotes you’ve received all time. It’s a way to provide trust and context with other users seeing that you’ve replied often and received a lot of upvotes.

This is a default setting from our community platform vendor and not particularly tied to SME status, points, or other elements within our community. Eventually we may incorporate it more into our points and reputation on the community, but have not yet.

I’ve heard from a few others that this bar is confusing. What do you think? Should we consider hiding it until it’s tied to something meaningful on the community? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Good question, @Manish Gupta

As I understand it, it reflects the number of upvotes you’ve received all time. It’s a way to provide trust and context with other users seeing that you’ve replied often and received a lot of upvotes.

This is a default setting from our community platform vendor and not particularly tied to SME status, points, or other elements within our community. Eventually we may incorporate it more into our points and reputation on the community, but have not yet.

I’ve heard from a few others that this bar is confusing. What do you think? Should we consider hiding it until it’s tied to something meaningful on the community? 

Hi @Danny Pancratz , Thanks for adding details here. I think it may be more valuable when it can represent relative value. To me it seems like the progress and after few more step you will reach to a milestone.

If it could represent something like,

• % of total contribution to community (my replies/ total replies on forum)

I agree @Manish Gupta. Unfortunately, we’re not able to customize it to that extent right now. I’m going to think about it and consider hiding it until it is tied more to % of contribution to community or % of way to SME status or something like that.