Skip to main content

This incentive is currently in beta. The details are subject to change, including the rewards earned. 

While Q&A has long been the bedrock of our community activity (and likely always will be), I want to appropriately encourage, incentivize, and celebrate another way to contribute to our knowledge base: sharing insights that you learn and discover while building on Unqork. 

Share an Insight option when creating a post. 
Incentives in this article are specific to 

The Value of Shared Insights

In nearly 15 years working with technology communities like this one, something I hear frequently is “I don’t know what I don’t know.”

• Inspiration and knowledge-seeding 
    • Our knowledge base could benefit from more tips, tricks, advice, and examples. 
    • Q&A is fantastic for specific questions when you ask it (or if someone has already asked something similar), but is typically more transactional problem-solving.
    • Reading through a Q&A thread isn’t always the easiest way to learn something new. 

• Multiple ways to learn, multiple ways to contribute
    • Different people learn in different ways and may want to contribute in different ways.
    • Our Documentation and Academy training thoroughly covers the Unqork platform and how to use it, but it cannot account for every scenario or use case. And many learn best from more “bite-sized” content.
    • Not everyone will have the time, interest, or motivation to help with Q&A. But they may have an interest in sharing their expertise in a short post or article.  

• Experts want to learn too
    • Our experienced Creators benefit from continuously learning and sharpening their skills.
    • While learning-by-doing and learning-by-solving is a key benefit of contributing, our experts would benefit from consuming insights of others, not just by answering questions. 
    • ​​​​Experts like our SMEs, Problem Solvers, and Answer Heroes drive a lot of our community success by helping answer questions. Valuable insights keep experts engaged in the communitycoming back to see what’s new, learn, and help with Q&A or contribute their own expertise. 

And, of course, shared insights expand our knowledge base, adding personal experience to our official documentation, formal training, and robust Q&A

Bonus Points for Shared Insights

Now you can earn up 50 total points for sharing an insight, plus points for any likes you receive from others. In addition to the value explained above, these bonus points address an imbalance in the incentives (points and recognition) between Q&A and sharing insights. 

When you answer a question, you earn at least 23 points (20 for the answer, 3 for the reply) and likely more through multiple replies, likes on your replies, etc.

What type of insights? 

Tips, tricks, advice, and examples.

• What would share with a colleague to help them be successful building on Unqork?
  • What did you wish you learned sooner on your learning journey? 
  • What type of advice would you want others to share with you? 

How it works

1. Create a Post > Share an Insight > {post it to Advice & Strategy or Use Case Showcase}
    • You earn 5 points just like always
  2. Each post is reviewed by me and up to 45 bonus points are applied using the criteria below
  3. I’ll reply to the post letting you know you’ve earned X bonus points
    • My reply will be removed after you like it so as to avoid cluttering up the thread.
    • In the future, I hope to scale a more formal review with Unqork experts from our Technical Advisory, Product, and Enablement teams, further validating the content and aligning bonus point values.
  4. You continue to earn points when others like your post or if it becomes a top viewed / top rated post. 

Evaluation criteria

I will award points based on 3 categories below. 

• Content is authored by you and specific to your experience (up to 10 points)
    • Copy/pasting documentation or Academy content is okay in limited amounts if relevant to your insight. But simply reposting excerpts provides little value if you don’t add your POV or expertise.  
  • Content is unique and/or fills gaps in our knowledge base (up to 15 points) 
    • Does similar content already exist in our documentation, Academy, or other community posts? If so, how much?
    • The more unique / uncovered by other content, the more points.
  • Content thoroughness / inclusion of images or POC (up to 10 points)
    • If applicable, include any screenshots or images that may help explain your insight. 
    • Alternatively, you can link to a POC in the Training environment (details)
    • POCs are not required, but we recognize the additional time and effort they take to build.

Yes, this is a subjective review. I am open to your input and feedback. But the quality of insights can vary greatly, making it difficult to automate while maintaining the integrity of this points system. 

Additional Recognition

Additionally, sharing insights can earn you badges, gift cards, and additional recognition! 

Similar to Answer Hero, Problem Solver, and leaderboard badges, Guide badges have 5 levels: 

Guide Badges

Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
After 100 points via insights After 200 points via insights After 300 points via insights After 400 points via insights After 500 points via insights

Receive a gift card* of appreciation when you earn each badge

*Sent via email after the beginning of each month.

Gift card +
Credly badge
Profile Level

Guide Level

When you reach level 5, you earn some additional recognition.

1. We’ll update your profile level to “Guide” or “Guide + {other levels you have achieved}.
  2. Official Credly badge similar to what you receive for certifications or SME status. This can be added to Linkedin profiles and shared socially. 
  3. A Linkedin shout out 

Governance and Guidelines

These incentives, like all community activities, are subject to our Community Guidelines.

Specifically:

• Respect the system. Earning points, badges, and recognition should reflect genuine contributions to the community. Do not engage in activities that artificially inflate points.

Enforcement & Moderation

The Unqork Community team reserves the right to handle unacceptable behavior (as described above or determined by them) at their discretion, including but not limited to:

• Redacting, editing, and removing content.
  • Rescinding points, badges, and recognition.
  • Deactivation and permanent ban from the Unqork Community and related programs.

Systems are in place to monitor and detect misuse. Attempts to exploit or game the system will not be tolerated

Be the first to answer!