News

Community Update and "Today I Learned" Challenge

Update type: Community
Community Update and "Today I Learned" Challenge

The calendar has turned to June and it’s time for another check-in on the latest news from our Unqork Community. 

May 2022 Highlights :sparkles:

After many major updates in April, May was our first month with our new open community experience and new thought leadership forums.

But the updates and improvements kept coming with significant updates to the Marketplace and Documentation Hub experiences, along with new Marketplace listings and our first Community Hackathon. 

">Major Updates 📣

">
Other updates 📌

">Livestreaming with The Uncoder 📺

We also tried something new with our monthly Success Hour webinar, livestreaming it on Twitch

Unqork and our Chief Evangelist, “The Uncoder” @Nick Gamble have been streaming on Twitch since early this year and we have much more to come in the future. Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, or Linkedin to stay get notified of upcoming livestreams. We’ll also share with you here on the Community Hub. 

">New in June 🔮

">“Today I Learned” Challenge 🎯

To help ramp up discussion in our new forums, we’re launching our first monthly challenge throughout the rest of June. 

You might be familiar with the Today I Learned meme or hashtag on social platforms like Reddit or Twitter. This type of “working outloud” behavior is also helpful in building our Knowledge Base through shared learning and discovery with other Creators. That’s where the challenge comes in:

• What: Share something you learned while working on Unqork in one of our forums.
    • Platform Q&A: Something you learned about functionality or configuration.
    • Best Practices: A tip, a trick, or best practice you recommend.
    • Use Case Showcase: A use case for a specific piece of fucntionality or a business problem Unqork can help solve.
  • Why: To share your learnings with other Creators… 
    • Oh, and we’ll award you 10 bonus points for each post (in addition to the 5 you get for posting). 
    • And the post with the most upvotes on July 1 will win some Unqork swag!
  • How: Create a Post in one of our forums and use “TIL” or “Today I Learned” in the title or the “TIL” tag
  • When: Now through June 30

">
Hackathon Showcase 📅

Stay tuned here on the Community Hub for an upcoming event announcement to showcase our four Hackathon finalists. On this live event, you’ll hear directly from the finalists and vote to determine our winner.

">
Certification Prep Classes 🏁

You may have noticed the wave of Creators earning certifications from our Academy. In addition to the hard work and preparation of these learners, we’ve seen great success from the certification prep classes we launched in recent months. 

In an effort to help accelerate your path to certification, we’ll begin promoting the upcoming classes for each level of certification. You’ll soon find them listed under our Events page or you can view the full calendar of classes here.

">
More Improvements Coming Soon 👀

We’re hard at work with some other improvements behind the scenes. When they’re ready, we’ll share them here in our Updates blog. You can subscribe to emails to stay up-to-date on the latest. 

">Congratulations to our newest Subject Matter Experts! 🎉

As you contribute, you also progress towards earning SME status: the top recognition on our community.

In May, two Creators surpassed the 20 answers threshold in addition to earning 200+ points for three months. 

• @Andy Rahamin
  • @Kavin

Please join me in congratulating and thanking them for all they contribute to our community!

On the Path to SME Status :motorway:

These Creators are almost there!

• @NVP - 3 months of 200+ points; 15 solved answers
  • @Nagarjun_Chitteti - 3 months of 200+ points; 13 solved answers
  • @Bharath - 2 months of 200+ points; 21 solved answers
  • @Prem Sai Akash - 2 months of 200+ points; 21 solved answers
  • @Madhurika Belsare - 2 months of 200+ points; 16 solved answers
  • @Prajakta Survase - 2 months of 200+ points; 13 solved answers
  • @Sudhir Kalmegh - 2 months of 200+ points; 12 solved answers
  • @Mansi Wadhwani - 2 months of 200+ points; 4 solved answers
  • @zeroHoon - 2 months of 200+ points; 3 solved answers

These 3 Creators passed the 200 point threshold for the first time:

• @Santosh Kumar
  • @only amar
  • @Mohammed Jasir

Show your gratitude and help them reach SME status by upvoting their helpful replies and marking answers when they solve your question. 

">Top contributors on Community Leaderboard 🏆

It’s great to see new records set as Creators compete to earn the most points and earn SME status. 

May points leaders :medal:

1. @Madhurika Belsare 1035
  2. @Prem Sai Akash 917
  3. @Bharath 782
  4. @Sudhir Kalmegh 668
  5. @Kavin 655
  6. @Srikanth Dommati 605
  7. @Prajakta Survase 525
  8. @Andy Rahamin 465
  9. @NVP 462
  10. @Pushparaj 401

May answers leaders ✅

1. @Prem Sai Akash 17
  2. @Bharath 12
  3. @Madhurika Belsare 8
  4. @Sudhir Kalmegh 7
  5. @Andy Rahamin 7

Feedback welcome :speech_left:

With that, what do you think? Share your feedback in the replies or please contact me directly with a message on the Community Hub or at community@unqork.com

Or better yet? Submit an idea for our Community here on the Community Hub!

Be the first to answer!